Have a healthy snack on hand for those hungry moments while you are cooking, or to serve as a canape for guests with a glass of prosecco. These avocado toasts are simple and easy to put together.
- Cut triangles out of thinly sliced, preferably organic wholemeal bread. Toast and allow to cool.
- Mash a ripe avocado with hummus and balsamic vinegar to make a tasty spread. (Add fresh mint for texture, flavour and colour)
- Spread toasts with the avocado spread
- Sprinkle finely chopped red chilli or red pepper to look like lights or baubles on tree
- Lay out on plate with a twiglet at bottom as main branch of tree.
Totally yum! You could also cut out triangles of smoked salmon and lay on top of a thin layer of cream cheese with a touch of horseradish as base.
Anna Pugh, BIHC nutritionist